Ramadan Iqra' Challenge
Memorize and Run more than anyone else and you'll walk out of Ramadan with a new pair of shoes and a purified heart inshAllah.
Here's how it works:
The participant who accumulates the most points by the end of Ramadan will win a brand new pair of running shoes. Points are awarded by a mixture of running/jogging/walking and reading pages of Qur'an. See rules below for more details.
Scoring will be done via a point system. Every page of Qur'an read and every mile run will count as 1 point.
The contestant with the most points at the end of the challenge will win.
1. Open to residents of USA only, male or female, ages 10 and up
2. Contestants under 18 years old must have a parent/guardian sign the One14 waiver
3. Winner will receive a new free pair of running shoes (max value of $125)
4. Prize cannot be changed or substituted
5. All results reporting must be completed before sunset on the 29th night of Ramadan
6. Winner will be announced by July 31, 2015
7. We are following an honor system for Qur'an recitation reporting. Any form of cheating will result in immediate disqualification from the competition.
1. Miles run/jogged/run must be tracked by Strava. Strava group link will be shared after signing up.
2. Miles can be run, jogged, or walked (no biking)
3. Miles run, jogged, or walked will not be rounded up and will be counted "as is"
1. Reading from the Qur'an (can also be done via a smartphone app) must be done by the person in the competition
2. Reading pages will only be counted from sunset on Wednesday, June 17th through sunset on the 29th day of Ramadan
3. A "page" constitutes a page from the Mushaf that is from the Two Holy Cities Script. Reading the entire Qur'an would equal 604 pages.
How To Register
HAVE ANY QUESTIONS? EMAIL US AT